Jaguar1962E-Type Series 1 3.8 FHC Semi-lightweight
- Wide-angle cylinder head
- FIA approved until 2029
- Exceptional (racing) history
Jaguar E-Type, the car that makes hearts beat faster. There are no superlatives to describe this model. The Series 1 Coupé: Designed in the late 1950s with the legendary Le Mans D-Type in mind. Its development was a revolution in the motor industry. Malcolm Sayer, who had made his name in the aerospace industry, designed the car in the wind tunnel, and the graceful shapes and curves were there not just for aesthetic reasons but mainly for aerodynamic ones. "The most beautiful car ever made," said Enzo Ferrari, and we can only agree.
This Jaguar E-Type is a highly desirable 3.8 litre Series 1 Coupé prepared for racing by Francis Trichet. Delivered in Switzerland in 1962, it is now documented with a Jaguar Heritage Trust certificate and is fully Fia approved until 2029. What really sets this car apart is the attention to detail that went into the hundreds of hours of preparation for racing, which is evident today. Francis Trichet's expertise in vintage racing is evident in every aspect of the car, from the high-performance racing engine to the lightweight aluminium bodywork modifications. This racing legend is ready to take home all the trophies. The car's components have been carefully selected to maximise power, speed and durability, while complying with FIA regulations.
Open the bonnet and the true craftsmanship is revealed. The perfectly balanced 350bhp engine features a 'wide angle' cylinder head and three perfectly tuned Weber 48 carburettors. It is in excellent condition and ready to take home prizes. Everything has been designed to increase not only power but also durability, making this car capable of withstanding even the toughest of races. The Jaguar Synchromesh 4-speed transmission shifts smoothly in every gear and features an AP Racing twin-plate clutch that doubles the friction surface and provides greater heat absorption capacity. This helps the clutch to "stay cool" and protect the friction surfaces under harsh conditions. No detail has been overlooked, such as a stainless steel exhaust manifold specially adapted to the 'wide angle' cylinder head, which sounds great, an oil cooler and a 55-amp alternator and competition starter.
The body modifications are equally impressive, with lightweight aluminium doors, tailgate and bonnet, Plexiglas windows and a full roll cage for added safety. Trichet's careful restoration and disassembly after each race has kept the car in top condition, allowing it to compete successfully in several prestigious vintage racing events such as the Goodwood Members Meeting, Lemans Classics, de Peau Grand Prix, Spa Classics, etc.
Today, it is fully prepared to leave the competition far behind on the track.
- New limited-slip differential installed in April 2022.
- 3.8-litre engine with wide-angle cylinder head producing 350 bhp, with dyno certificate.
- Engine perfectly balanced with unprecedented attention to detail.
- New front discs and large calipers to be fitted in September 2022.
- 110 litre (Fia homologated) fuel tank available.
- Perfectly tuned and overhauled 3x 48 Weber carburettors.
- 2 sets of new endurance rear brake pads (Pagid Yellow).
- Specially modified stainless steel exhaust manifold on the wide angle.
- New rear wishbone bushings fitted in September 2022.
- 2 sets of Endurance rear brake pads of the same quality as those used on the Porsche GT3 Cup.
- Complete new set of springs with adjustable hard and soft settings installed in April 2022.
- New front radiator to be fitted in September 2022.
- Full British Racing Green repaint in September 2022.
Despite all the racing modifications, the classic Jaguar styling remains intact. Are you ready to push the limits on the track? Then come to Rock 'n Roll Classics now to discover this unique example and we'll be happy to prepare you for your first track day!
Other classic cars for sale
Austin Healey19623000 MKII
- 6-cylinder engine
- Beautiful color combination
Maserati1970Ghibli SS 4.9
- Matching numbers
- Most sought-after 4.9 version
- Superb sound
Alfa Romeo1966Sprint GT
- Sought-after letterbox version
- Alfaholics upgrades
- Ultimate drivers car